Full Time Detroit, MI Posted 2 months ago
Title: Purchasing Agent
With: The Productivity Team
Title: PURCHASING AGENT
With: Bollinger Motors
Location: Detroit, MI
Purchasing Agent’s role is to support Bollinger Motors development team and manufacturing partners in the sourcing of low volume production components, parts and services. These would include specific parts related to the new B1 production program and/or any other components essential to the successful running of the organization. This role will report to our Program Director and in parallel be an active resource supporting our engineering groups within Bollinger Motors.
Candidate will be a member of our Supply Chain Organization supporting the development, implementation and management of strategies to provide Bollinger Motors with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance.
The Purchasing Agent will build and leverage strong working relationships with our engineering teams and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
Bollinger Motors is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. The successful candidate will be a self-starter; motivated with automotive sourcing experience.
• Develop and identify potential suppliers, analyze supplier capabilities, review bids, select suppliers and determine prices, terms and conditions of agreements. Create supplier relationships and assess performance for pricing, quality and logistics.
• Analyze current BOM and evaluate current suppliers. Analyze purchasing needs for the company and develop sourcing alternatives.
• Manage and update BOM on a daily basis.
• Manage purchase requisition process and send out RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s.
• Create and manage Purchase Orders.
• Meet deadlines to assure a successful prototype and production launch.
• Develop and ensures NDA’s, SOW’s and Terms and Conditions are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
• Drive price negotiations processes to ensure that the pricing is best in class.
• Support all areas of supply chain management including business plans, pricing analysis, quality, timing and procurement support.
• Monitor current technologies and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities.
• Support the vendor selection process with engineering team direction and suggestions. Work collaboratively with management to meet an upcoming production launch.
• Identify supplier consolidation opportunities that will generate savings from executing strategic sourcing projects.
• Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers. Create competitive environments with suppliers to support a negotiation strategy.
• Support commercial functions by providing material cost information to the team.
• Evaluate and support final selection of suppliers; value analysis for selection of suppliers.
• Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry experience.
• Purchase prototype and production materials, ER&D, tooling, equipment, consumables and misc. items.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
• Minimum of 5 years of automotive experience.
• Knowledge of electric vehicles and systems strongly recommended.
• Strong Automotive Tier 1 supplier experience and connections.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment with the highest professional manner and a focus on team building.
• Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel. Experience with QuickBooks also.
• SAP or equivalent experience a plus.