TPT supports the fight against COVID-19 by offering free Manufacturing Engineering Consulting Services to help companies retool their facilities to produce Medical Supplies and Equipment.
Read the message from our President here.
Full Time Warren, MI Posted 2 months ago
Title: Lead Engineer – Body Design Release Engineer For Front and Rear Closures
Location: Warren, MI
Body Design Release Lead Engineer
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Body Design Release Engineer – Front and Rear Closures
The Closure teams are seeking individuals with the following experience:
• Front and Rear Closures hardware experience
• Hood, Fender, Liftgate and Decklid experience
• Carbon Fiber Design and processing
• Generating and executing technical solutions for front and rear closures to support new vehicle programs
• Providing technical leadership for advanced component or technology development
• Performing complex design analysis and evaluating engineering designs
• Working cross-functionally to implement cost reduction, methods and product improvements, and to support prototype and production build activities
• Balancing business imperatives, including but not limited to cost, mass, complexity, and timing
• Production design release of closures parts and subsystems
• Communicating information to and from internal and external customer organizations
• Staying abreast of relevant new technology and competitive products
• Ensure closure systems are meeting all safety and compliance requirements both internal and external.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Master’s Degree or other Advanced Degree
• Familiarity with the engineering design of closures or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with Design For Six Sigma process
• Experience with DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
• Knowledge of plastic, carbon fiber, SMC, and metal materials, processes, and tooling
• Knowledge of FMVSS requirements
• Vehicle or new product launch processes
Work Site Description:
Preferred Work Schedule: M-F9-3 are core hours, Flexibility to 40 hours per week outside of core hours.
For more details please send your resume to email@example.com