Full Time Detroit, MI Posted 1 month ago
Title: Senior Buyer
TPT and Bollinger Motors is looking for a qualified Senior Buyer to work with our development team and manufacturing
partners in the sourcing of low volume production components, parts and services. Extreme attention to detail is
critical as the Buyer will oversee the procurement process for our all-electric trucks and any other components
essential to the successful running of the organization. Buyer will report to our Program Director and in parallel be an
active resource supporting our engineering groups within Bollinger Motors.
Candidate will be a member of our Supply Chain Organization supporting the development, implementation and
management of strategies to provide Bollinger Motors with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and
delivery performance. Buyer will build and leverage strong working relationships with our engineering teams and key
suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
• Develop and identify potential suppliers, analyze supplier capabilities, review bids, select suppliers and determine
prices, terms and conditions of agreements. Create supplier relationships and assess performance for pricing,
quality and logistics.
• Analyze and manage BOM, engineering changes, and supplier selection and need for alternative sources.
• Manage purchase requisition and ordering process and send out RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s.
• Meet deadlines to assure a successful prototype and production launch.
• Ensure NDA’s, SOW’s and Terms and Conditions are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
• Drive price negotiations processes to ensure that the pricing is best in class.
• Support all areas of supplier evaluation & selection, supply chain management including business plans, pricing
analysis, quality, timing and procurement support.
• Monitor current technologies and identify supply/demand challenges and supplier consolidation opportunities.
• Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable
relationships with suppliers. Create competitive environments with suppliers to support a negotiation strategy.
• Work collaboratively with management to meet an upcoming production launch and support commercial functions
by providing material cost information to the team.
• Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry experience.
• Purchase prototype and production materials, ER&D, tooling, equipment, consumables and misc. items.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of automotive experience
• Knowledge of electric vehicles and systems strongly recommended
• Strong Automotive Tier 1 supplier experience and connections
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
• SAP or equivalent experience a plus