TPT supports the fight against COVID-19 by offering free Manufacturing Engineering Consulting Services to help companies retool their facilities to produce Medical Supplies and Equipment.
Read the message from our President here.
Full Time Warren, MI Posted 2 months ago
Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Warren, MI
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Proposes, evaluates, develops manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas of a plant
· Evaluates expenditures for processes and/or equipment
· Provides technical assistance and training for assigned plant operations
· Regular contact with others outside the work group
· Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level
· Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level
· Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
· Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
· Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
· Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
· Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
· Strong knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes
· Position related experience – 8 years
· Relevant auto industry experience required – 1-3 years
· Past work experience required – Entry level (<1 year)
· Areas of expertise include: Manufacturing, Assembly Process
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Responsible for ensuring new vehicle product designs are manufacturable as well as in compliance to manufacturing requirements and General Assembly strategies. Provides a consistent voice of Manufacturing to Product Engineering for a given global architecture/style.
• Understand product design and communicate manufacturing requirements to product engineering.
• Communicate product info & requirements to Arch Leads and Program Execution
• Enforce compliance to General Assembly Strategies
• Execute & Verify Manufacturing Requirements
• Follow the Advanced Program Health Check (APHC) process for issue tracking and escalation
• Resolve issues with Product Engineering and Global Manufacturing Engineering
• Escalate deviations at Leadership Calls
• Conduct virtual studies/assessments throughout Vehicle Development Process
• Initiate / Conduct program Level 2 PFMEA workshops
• Participate in product peer reviews (ePeer Process)
• Document process & tooling requirements for regional execution and ensure compliance by all executing assembly plants
• Drive product designs with the lowest Base Engineered Content (BEC) and participate in BEC reduction workshops
• Communicate Lessons Learned to Global Technical Integration Engineers (TIEs)
• Develop & communicate program compartment level 2 build sequence
• Identify and communicate potential ergo issues to program ergonomist
• Attend IVER builds (mandatory) and Assembly Plant builds (as required)
• Act as IRT co-chair during IVER builds at PPO
• Act as the Global IRT co-chair and drive common solutions across the regions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any field. Engineering is preferred but any is fine as long as they have a Bachelor’s Degree.
Required Skills, Abilities and Experiences:
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to make complex concepts/issues easily understood by non-proficient English speaking peers
• Strong VIS Mockup skills
• ME Experience (Program Execution or Assembly Plant)
• Knowledge of VS Manufacturing Engineering processes and GM Systems, including MPS, VAA, MRDB, E2, Auros, FIT, GLP, VDP, PRTS, and LMS.
The team this individual would be starting with is the Chassis Manufacturing engineer team.
For more details please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org