TPT supports the fight against COVID-19 by offering free Manufacturing Engineering Consulting Services to help companies retool their facilities to produce Medical Supplies and Equipment.
Read the message from our President here.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical field or Automotive Technology or equivalent training
Responsible for performing laboratory processes to support materials testing supporting high pressure die casting, high integrity die casting, and semi-permanent mold product lines. Exercise technical direction to engineering support personnel. Uses independent judgment with some direct guidance from the supervisor.
Occasionally instruct, train or assign work to others.
Establish and maintain lab Workplace Organization standards
Follow Standardized work for laboratory operations
Follow lab gage calibration and certifications
Assists in implementing changes through materials laboratory analysis
Authors laboratory reports to provide engineering authority and to maintain math data
Participates in solution development for engineering related product problems (Root Cause)
Provides technical direction to support personnel
Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products
Regular contact with others outside the work group
Comfortable working with hand tools and power tools
High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
Communicate information to and from internal and external customer organizations
Able to juggle several projects at the same time and prioritize as necessary
– Making parts, testing parts, documenting parts
– Manufacturing casting mixes
– Pursuing an ISO certification so documentation is a critical component to the job
– Using saw, mills, lathes
– Utilizing lab test equipment
– Minor tooling changeout
– Blister testing (ex: taking pre-determined samples, running a heat treat, and looking for blister data.
– CNC equipment
– Fundamental understanding of CDC code
– Good math skills
– Must be able to follow standardized work
– IF something goes wrong in the standardized work the individual should be able to trouble shoot out of it
– Ability to trouble shoot and think on their feet
– Computer skills
– Ability to analyze density drawings in 3 dimensions
– Candidates should have an associate degree in a technical field (ex: mechanical, mechanical design would be preferred)
– Candidates should have at least 1 year of prior experience as a lab technician, CNC operator, or similar position
– This will be an off-shift position. This individual won’t have immediate assistance readily available. They should be self-enough and able to independently problem solve.
Willingness to work any shift and open to work weekends. Must be ok with routine job that does not change drastically from day to day