International Automotive Component
- IAC, a global Tier I Automotive Supplier in interiors, was experiencing significant quality rejections which resulted in high PPMs and cost to their facilities
- TPT was asked to provide operational, and quality engineering support to analyze the current state and create a relationship with their customer, Ford; to implement proposed changes; provide communication/ feedback to IAC and Ford to sustain a solid relationship and to meet the quality goals of IAC
- Participate with IAC Quality team during investigation of emerging quality concerns
- Conduct surveillance audits in the assembly plant for incoming quality to the assembly line
- Participate with Ford IQ, PVT and STA meetings to address and assure quality standards are met and report back to IAC
- Train plant QREs on manufacturing process and problem-solving skills
- Review current work instructions and prepare manufacturing assessment of all work stations in plant operations
- Identify constraints and develop containment and root cause analysis
- Make suggestions to increase production repeatability of good quality
- Create quality tracking system used by
- Reduced written quality rejects from 20/week to < 10/week in a period of 3 months
- 50% reduction in written concerns
- Increase IAC quality rating of PPM and cost savings over $400,000 in supplier charge backs
Contact Us to Learn More About What TPT Can Do For You!
TPT is the leading provider of facility planning, staffing solutions and engineering services. Contact us to speak with one of our specialists today!